Planning a special event? Check out our cakes

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Our First Wedding Cake

So i decided when i was engaged that i wanted to make our wedding cake...crazy i know. but it actually was a lot of fun and has sparked an interest inside of me to decorate cakes. i love to scrapbook and this is just an extension of that. so after months of changing my mind on what i wanted my wedding cake to look like, this is what we finally decided on. This is the view of the cake from the front. Each cake is a triangle shape. The bottom tier is carrot cake with a cream cheese filling, the 2nd is a german chocolate with coconut pecan filling, the top two tiers are a white cake with raspberry filling. All the layers are covered with marbalized fondant. the bows are made of fondant, the black down the middle of the bows are ribbon.
We each made a gumpaste figure to go on top of the cake...first try ever. They were leaning a bit but it added a little of our crazy personality onto the cake.

This is the view of the back of the cake. I loved my wedding cake and had so much fun making it. i couldn't have done it without the help of my husband and my little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment